Elegant, yet safe materials are becoming more relevant for smart clothing applications, including fitness and outerwear as the wearable electronics market continues to grow. The global wearable technology ecosystem's is expected to reach cross $14 billion by 2018.
The global wearable electronic textiles market is expected to grow faster than that of the overall wearable electronics market, with increasing demand and growing consumer adoption for wearable electronic smart-textiles, along with expected commercialization of more advanced - wearable electronic e-textiles by 2016.
The wearable electronics market segments the market into two broad categories as it relates to form factors:
- textile wearable electronics (smart textiles, e-textiles)
- non-textile wearable electronics, and the textile based wearable electronics market is further segmented into smart-textiles and e-textiles.
Stretchable electronic inks, and wearable electronic applications make clothing more capable and comfortable, but it is also important to make sure the components used are safe.
Currently, the wearable electronic products market is divided into six segments
- and other (finger, hand, arm & leg-wear) such as ring scanners, smart headsets, etc
The wearable electronics market is segmented into four major application verticals:
- consumer applications
- healthcare applications
- enterprise and industrial applications; and
- other applications comprising of logistics, warehouse, military and aviation
At OTGC - On The Green Carpet we want to make sure product being utilized to manufacture wearables are safe for your bodies and the environment.